Davao Medical School Foundation
About Davao Medical School Foundation
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) is a premier medical University located in Davao City, Philippines. It was founded in 1976 with the vision of providing quality medical education and producing competent and compassionate healthcare professionals. Over the years, DMSF has established itself as a leading institution for medical education in the Philippines and has garnered recognition both nationally and internationally.
DMSF offers a comprehensive and rigorous medical program that prepares students to become skilled physicians. The curriculum is designed to integrate theoretical knowledge with practical training, enabling students to develop the necessary clinical skills and critical thinking abilities required in the medical field. The program follows a problem-based learning approach, encouraging students to actively participate in their learning process and develop strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
One of the notable features of DMSF is its state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure. The institution is equipped with modern laboratories, simulation centers, and libraries that provide students with access to the latest medical technologies and resources. These facilities contribute to a conducive learning environment, enabling students to gain hands-on experience and enhance their understanding of medical concepts.
DMSF also takes pride in its highly qualified faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. They employ innovative teaching methodologies, ensuring that students receive comprehensive and up-to-date medical knowledge. The faculty-student ratio is kept low to ensure personalized attention and guidance, fostering a close-knit learning community.
In addition to academic excellence, DMSF places significant emphasis on the holistic development of its students. The institution promotes a culture of integrity, professionalism, and social responsibility. It encourages students to engage in community service activities and outreach programs, providing them with opportunities to apply their medical knowledge and contribute to the well-being of society. DMSF also organizes various extracurricular activities, including sports, cultural events, and student organizations, to foster a well-rounded student experience.
DMSF has established partnerships with renowned hospitals and healthcare institutions both in the Philippines and abroad. These affiliations offer students the opportunity to gain exposure to diverse medical settings and enhance their clinical skills. The institution also facilitates international exchange programs, enabling students to experience healthcare systems in different countries and broaden their perspectives.
As a testament to its commitment to excellence, DMSF has obtained several accreditations and recognitions. It is recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA). Moreover, DMSF is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), indicating its recognition by international medical authorities.
DMSF has produced a multitude of successful medical professionals who have made significant contributions to the field of healthcare. Its graduates have excelled in various medical specialties and are highly regarded both in the Philippines and overseas. Many DMSF alumni have pursued advanced medical degrees or taken leadership positions in hospitals, clinics, and research institutions.
Affiliations and Recognitions of Davao Medical School Foundation
1. Recognition by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED): DMSF is recognized by the CHED, the government agency responsible for regulating higher education in the Philippines. This recognition ensures that the school meets the required standards in terms of curriculum, faculty, facilities, and overall educational quality.
2. World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS) listing: DMSF is listed in the WDOMS, a comprehensive directory of medical schools globally. This recognition signifies that DMSF meets the international standards of medical education and is eligible for students from all around the world.
3. Affiliation with the Davao Medical Center (DMC): DMSF is closely affiliated with the Davao Medical Center, a government-run tertiary hospital in Davao City. This affiliation provides DMSF students with excellent opportunities for clinical rotations and hands-on training under the guidance of experienced medical professionals.
4. Membership in the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges (APMC): DMSF is a member of the APMC, an association that represents various medical colleges in the Philippines. This membership allows DMSF to collaborate with other prestigious medical institutions, exchange best practices, and participate in national-level medical education initiatives.
5. Collaboration with international universities: DMSF has established collaborative partnerships with several international universities, enhancing its educational offerings and providing students with global exposure. These collaborations often include student exchange programs, joint research projects, and faculty development initiatives.
6. Accreditation by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA): DMSF has received accreditation from PACUCOA, a recognized accrediting body in the Philippines. This accreditation certifies that DMSF meets the rigorous standards set by PACUCOA in terms of academic programs, faculty qualifications, facilities, and student services.
7. Recognition from medical licensing authorities: DMSF graduates have obtained recognition from various medical licensing authorities, both in the Philippines and abroad. This recognition allows DMSF graduates to pursue licensure exams and practice medicine in their respective jurisdictions.
8. Membership in the Philippine Association of Medical Colleges (PAMC): DMSF is an active member of PAMC, an association that brings together medical colleges in the Philippines. Through this membership, DMSF contributes to the development of medical education policies and programs at the national level.
9. Collaboration with healthcare organizations and institutions: DMSF collaborates with several healthcare organizations and institutions in the region. These collaborations provide students with opportunities for community outreach programs, medical missions, and research collaborations, further enriching their learning experience.
10. Recognition for research contributions: DMSF faculty and students have received recognition for their research contributions in various medical fields. Their research findings have been published in reputable medical journals and presented at national and international conferences, showcasing the institution’s commitment to advancing medical knowledge.
11. Membership in the Philippine Association of Medical Colleges (PAMC): DMSF is an active member of PAMC, an association that brings together medical colleges in the Philippines. Through this membership, DMSF contributes to the development of medical education policies and programs at the national level.
12. Collaboration with healthcare organizations and institutions: DMSF collaborates with several healthcare organizations and institutions in the region. These collaborations provide students with opportunities for community outreach programs, medical missions, and research collaborations, further enriching their learning experience.
13. Recognition for research contributions: DMSF faculty and students have received recognition for their research contributions in various medical fields. Their research findings have been published in reputable medical journals and presented at national and international conferences, showcasing the institution’s commitment to advancing medical knowledge.
14. Affiliation with international medical organizations: DMSF is affiliated with renowned international medical organizations, such as the World Medical Association (WMA) and the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA). These affiliations allow DMSF students to participate in global medical initiatives, conferences, and exchange programs, broadening their perspectives and fostering cross-cultural understanding.
15. Accreditation by international bodies: In addition to local accreditation, DMSF has obtained accreditation from international bodies such as the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME). This accreditation further validates the quality of education offered at DMSF and enables its graduates to pursue postgraduate training and employment opportunities globally.
16. Partnership with government agencies: DMSF collaborates with government agencies in the Philippines, including the Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Education (DepEd). These partnerships facilitate the alignment of DMSF’s educational programs with the national healthcare agenda and ensure that graduates are well-prepared to address the healthcare needs of the country.
Why MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students?
1. Recognized by MCI: The Medical Council of India (MCI) is the governing body responsible for the recognition of medical colleges in India. DMSF is recognized by MCI, which means that Indian students who graduate from DMSF are eligible to appear for the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) conducted by the MCI. Passing this examination allows them to practice MBBS in India.
2. High-quality education: DMSF offers a high standard of medical education with experienced faculty members and state-of-the-art facilities. The curriculum is designed to provide a strong foundation in medical sciences and clinical skills. The teaching methodology focuses on a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical training, ensuring students are well-prepared for their future medical career.
3. Affordable tuition fees: Studying MBBS in the Philippines, including at DMSF, is more cost-effective compared to many other countries. The tuition fees at DMSF are relatively lower compared to private medical colleges in India or other foreign medical colleges.
4. English as the medium of instruction: One major advantage of studying at DMSF is that the medium of instruction is English. For Indian students, who are already familiar with English as a language of communication, this eliminates the need to learn a new language. It ensures that students can easily follow the lectures, engage in discussions, and communicate with patients during their clinical rotations.
5. Cultural compatibility: The Philippines shares many cultural similarities with India, making it a comfortable and welcoming destination for Indian students. The friendly and hospitable nature of the Filipino people helps students adapt to the new environment quickly. Additionally, the presence of a sizable Indian community in the Philippines provides a support system for Indian students, helping them feel at home.
6. International exposure: Studying MBBS at DMSF offers Indian students an opportunity to gain international exposure. This exposure can broaden their horizons and enhance their personal and professional growth.
7. Clinical training opportunities: DMSF provides ample clinical training opportunities to its students. The university is affiliated with various government and private hospitals where students can gain practical experience under the guidance of experienced doctors. This exposure to real-life medical scenarios helps students develop their clinical skills and prepares them to become competent doctors.
8. Career prospects: Graduates from DMSF have a high success rate in various medical licensing exams, including the MCI screening test. After completing their MBBS degree, Indian students can pursue further specialization in India or opt for postgraduate programs in other countries. The quality education received at DMSF equips students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in their medical careers.
9. Safe and conducive environment: Davao City, where DMSF is located, is known for its safety and student-friendly environment. The university takes special measures to ensure the safety and well-being of its students. The city offers a peaceful and conducive atmosphere for learning, enabling students to focus on their studies without any concerns.
10. Infrastructure and facilities: DMSF has modern infrastructure and well-equipped laboratories, libraries, and research facilities that support the educational needs of students. The campus provides a comfortable and conducive environment for learning and research.
11. Student support services: DMSF understands the importance of providing comprehensive support services to its students. The university has dedicated staff members who assist students with various aspects of their academic journey, including admissions, visa processing, accommodation, and general well-being. This support system ensures that Indian students feel supported and can focus on their studies without unnecessary stress.
12. Research opportunities: DMSF encourages students to engage in research activities and provides opportunities to collaborate with faculty members on research projects. This exposure to research enhances students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and also opens doors to further academic and career opportunities.
13. Clinical exposure from an early stage: At DMSF, students have the opportunity to gain clinical exposure from an early stage of their education. This hands-on experience helps them bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application. They have the chance to observe and assist in real-life medical scenarios, which contributes to their overall development as medical professionals.
14. Flexible curriculum: DMSF offers a flexible curriculum that allows students to pursue their interests and career goals. The curriculum is designed to provide a well-rounded education, covering various medical disciplines and specialties. This flexibility enables students to tailor their learning experience according to their individual aspirations and future plans.
15. Extracurricular activities: Apart from academics, DMSF emphasizes the importance of extracurricular activities and holistic development. The university offers a range of student clubs, sports facilities, and cultural events, providing students with opportunities to explore their talents, develop leadership skills, and engage in a vibrant campus life.
16. Global alumni network: DMSF boasts a strong global alumni network, with graduates spread across various countries. This network can be a valuable asset for Indian students as they can connect with alumni who have successfully pursued their medical careers in different parts of the world. The alumni network can provide guidance, mentorship, and even potential career opportunities.
Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines Overview
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) is a renowned medical institution located in Davao City, Philippines. Established in 1976, it has been providing quality medical education for over four decades. DMSF is recognized both nationally and internationally for its excellent academic programs and its commitment to producing highly competent healthcare professionals.
DMSF offers a Bachelor of Science (BS) program in Nursing and Doctor of Medicine (MD) program. The BS in Nursing program prepares students to become competent and compassionate nurses who can provide comprehensive care to patients. The MD program is a rigorous six-year course that equips students with the knowledge, skills, and clinical experience necessary to excel in the medical field.
The curriculum at DMSF is designed to meet international standards and incorporates the latest developments in medical science. It combines classroom lectures, laboratory work, and hands-on clinical training to provide students with a well-rounded education. The faculty members at DMSF are highly qualified and experienced professionals who are dedicated to nurturing the intellectual and personal growth of their students.
One of the key strengths of DMSF is its state-of-the-art facilities. The institution has modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, and a library with an extensive collection of medical literature. These facilities enable students to gain practical knowledge and develop their research skills. DMSF also has affiliations with several hospitals and healthcare institutions, providing students with ample opportunities for clinical rotations and internships.
DMSF takes pride in its commitment to community service and social responsibility. The institution actively participates in various outreach programs and medical missions, providing healthcare services to underserved communities in Davao City and its surrounding areas. This emphasis on community engagement instills in students a sense of altruism and a desire to make a positive impact on society.
In addition to its academic programs, DMSF also focuses on the holistic development of its students. The institution offers a range of extracurricular activities, including sports, cultural events, and student organizations. These activities promote camaraderie, leadership skills, and a healthy work-life balance among students.
Furthermore, DMSF recognizes the importance of research in advancing medical knowledge and improving patient care. The institution encourages faculty and students to engage in research activities and provides support for research projects. Through research, DMSF contributes to the global medical community and encourages students to become lifelong learners.
DMSF is committed to producing highly competent and globally competitive healthcare professionals. As a testament to its dedication to excellence, the institution has consistently produced successful graduates who excel in their respective fields. Many DMSF alumni have gone on to pursue specialization and advanced training in renowned medical institutions worldwide.
The international recognition of DMSF is evident through its accreditation by prestigious organizations such as the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME). These accreditations ensure that the quality of education and training provided by DMSF meets global standards.
Moreover, Davao City itself offers a conducive environment for learning and living. Known for its safety, cleanliness, and friendly atmosphere, Davao City provides students with a peaceful and supportive setting for their education. The city offers a wide range of recreational activities, cultural events, and natural attractions, allowing students to balance their academic pursuits with leisure and exploration.
Advantages of Studying MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
1. Quality Education: Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) in the Philippines is renowned for its high-quality education in the field of medicine. Indian students can benefit from the excellent teaching methodologies and curriculum that meet international standards.
2. Recognized Degree: The MBBS degree awarded by DMSF is recognized by major medical councils and organizations around the world, including the Medical Council of India (MCI). This recognition ensures that Indian students can practice medicine in India after completing their studies.
3. English-Medium Instruction: One of the significant advantages for Indian students studying at DMSF is the medium of instruction, which is English. Since English is widely spoken in India, students find it easier to adapt to the educational environment and interact with professors and peers.
4. Experienced Faculty: DMSF has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. The faculty members provide guidance and support to students throughout their academic journey, ensuring a comprehensive learning experience.
5. Advanced Facilities and Infrastructure: DMSF boasts state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure, including well-equipped laboratories, modern classrooms, and a well-stocked library. These resources enhance the learning experience and provide students with access to the latest medical advancements.
6. Clinical Exposure: DMSF emphasizes practical training and clinical exposure to complement theoretical knowledge. Indian students studying at DMSF have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience at affiliated hospitals and medical centers, enhancing their clinical skills and confidence.
7. Affordability: Compared to medical schools in India and other countries, the cost of studying MBBS at DMSF is relatively affordable. The tuition fees and living expenses are reasonable, making it an attractive option for Indian students seeking quality education at an affordable price.
8. Cultural Diversity: Studying at DMSF allows Indian students to experience a multicultural environment. They get the opportunity to interact with students from various countries, fostering cultural exchange and developing a global perspective.
9. Excellent Student Support Services: DMSF provides comprehensive support services to ensure the well-being and success of its students. Services such as academic counseling, career guidance, and student welfare programs are available to assist Indian students in overcoming any challenges they may face.
10. International Exposure: Pursuing MBBS at DMSF offers Indian students an opportunity to gain international exposure. They can participate in medical conferences, workshops, and exchange programs, broadening their horizons and establishing global connections in the medical field.
11. Clinical Rotations in India: DMSF has tie-ups with various hospitals in India, allowing students to undertake clinical rotations in their home country during their final year. This feature is particularly beneficial for Indian students as they can gain clinical experience in familiar surroundings.
12. Career Opportunities: Upon completion of their MBBS degree at DMSF, Indian students have a wide range of career opportunities. They can choose to practice medicine in India or explore opportunities in other countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
13. Easy Admission Process: DMSF has a straightforward admission process for Indian students. The eligibility criteria are clear, and the application process is streamlined, making it easier for Indian students to secure admission and pursue their dream of becoming doctors.
14. Safe and Friendly Environment: The Philippines, including Davao City, where DMSF is located, is known for its safe and friendly environment. Indian students studying at DMSF can feel secure and comfortable, focusing on their studies and personal growth.
15. Enhanced Communication Skills: Studying at DMSF provides Indian students with the opportunity to improve their communication skills, both in English and other languages. This skill development is advantageous for their future medical practice and interactions with patients from diverse backgrounds.
Duration of MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
The Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) in the Philippines is a well-known institution for pursuing medical education, attracting a significant number of international students, including those from India. If you are an Indian student considering studying MBBS at DMSF, it is important to understand the duration of the program and the requirements involved. This article will provide you with relevant information about the duration of the MBBS program at DMSF for Indian students.
The MBBS program at DMSF follows a standard curriculum that is recognized by various medical councils and organizations worldwide. The duration of the program is typically five and a half years, which includes one year of internship or clinical clerkship. This duration is divided into two phases: the pre-clinical phase and the clinical phase.
During the pre-clinical phase, which spans the first two years, students are introduced to the foundational knowledge and basic sciences of medicine. These courses lay the groundwork for understanding the human body and the principles of disease and treatment.
After successfully completing the pre-clinical phase, students enter the clinical phase, which lasts for three and a half years. In this phase, students gain hands-on experience in various medical specialties by rotating through different departments and hospitals. They get the opportunity to interact with patients, learn how to take medical histories, perform physical examinations, and assist in surgeries under the supervision of experienced faculty members.
The clinical phase includes rotations in departments like internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, and community medicine. This comprehensive exposure enables students to develop their clinical skills and apply the theoretical knowledge gained during the pre-clinical phase.
Apart from the academic curriculum, DMSF also emphasizes the importance of research and community involvement. Students are encouraged to participate in research projects and community outreach programs to enhance their understanding of healthcare delivery and contribute to the betterment of society.
It is worth noting that the duration of the MBBS program at DMSF for Indian students may vary slightly depending on factors such as academic performance, availability of vacation breaks, and the timing of examinations. However, the overall duration remains around five and a half years.
In addition to the duration of the program, Indian students should also be aware of the admission requirements and procedures at DMSF. Generally, to be eligible for the MBBS program, students must have completed their higher secondary education (12 years of schooling) with a science background, including subjects such as physics, chemistry, and biology. They are also required to take an entrance examination conducted by DMSF or submit scores from recognized medical entrance exams such as NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) in India.
Furthermore, Indian students must obtain the necessary visa and comply with immigration requirements to study in the Philippines. It is advisable to consult with the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in India for the most up-to-date information regarding visa procedures and requirements.
Faculties in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
1. Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) is a reputable medical institution located in Davao City, Philippines, and is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Indian students aspiring to study medicine can consider DMSF for their education.
2. DMSF offers a comprehensive medical curriculum that is in line with international standards. The curriculum includes theoretical classes, practical training, clinical rotations, and hands-on experiences to ensure students acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to become competent doctors.
3. The faculty members at DMSF are highly qualified and experienced. They consist of professors, lecturers, and clinical instructors who are experts in their respective fields. The faculty members provide guidance, support, and mentorship to the students throughout their academic journey.
4. The medium of instruction at DMSF is English, which is beneficial for Indian students as it eliminates the language barrier and allows them to focus on their studies without any hindrance.
5. DMSF has state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure to facilitate effective learning. The campus is equipped with modern classrooms, laboratories, libraries, and simulation centers where students can enhance their practical skills and knowledge.
6. The college follows a student-centered approach to education. The faculty members strive to create a conducive learning environment where students can actively participate in discussions, ask questions, and engage in hands-on activities. This approach promotes critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork skills among the students.
7. DMSF encourages research and innovation. This not only enhances their understanding of medical concepts but also allows them to contribute to the advancement of medical science.
8. The college provides ample opportunities for clinical exposure. DMSF has affiliations with various hospitals and healthcare institutions where students can undertake clinical rotations and gain practical experience in different specialties. This exposure prepares them for real-life medical scenarios and enhances their clinical skills.
9. Davao City, where DMSF is located, is a safe and vibrant city. It offers a conducive environment for studying, with numerous recreational and cultural activities to explore during leisure time. The cost of living in Davao City is also relatively affordable compared to other major cities in the Philippines.
10. DMSF provides support services to international students. The college assists students with the visa application process, accommodation arrangements, and other logistical needs. There is also a dedicated International Students Office that addresses the concerns and requirements of foreign students.
11. Indian students studying at DMSF have the opportunity to experience a multicultural environment. They will interact with students from different countries, fostering cross-cultural understanding and expanding their global perspective.
12. Upon successful completion of the medical program at DMSF, Indian students are eligible to take the MCI screening test (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination – FMGE) to obtain a license to practice medicine in India. DMSF alumni have a good track record of passing the FMGE and pursuing successful medical careers in India.
13. DMSF offers a competitive and affordable fee structure compared to many medical colleges in India. This makes it a viable option for Indian students who wish to pursue a high-quality medical education at a reasonable cost.
14. The college provides scholarships and financial assistance programs for deserving students. Indian students can explore these opportunities to alleviate their financial burden and focus on their studies.
15. DMSF has a strong alumni network, which can be advantageous for Indian students in terms of career opportunities, mentorship, and professional guidance.
Fees Structure for MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
Fees Component Amount (in PHP) Amount (in INR)
Tuition Fee (per year) 151,500.00 2,28,000.00
Miscellaneous Fee 10,000.00 15,000.00
Medical Insurance Fee 5,000.00 7,500.00
Hostel Fee (per month) 6,000.00 9,000.00
Food Expense (per month) 6,000.00 9,000.00
TOTAL 178,500.00 2,68,500.00
Please note that these figures represent the fees structure for Indian students pursuing the MBBS program at Davao Medical School Foundation in the Philippines. The tuition fee for each year is Php 151,500.00, which amounts to INR 2,28,000.00 in Indian Rupees. Additionally, there is a miscellaneous fee of Php 10,000.00 (INR 15,000.00) and a medical insurance fee of Php 5,000.00 (INR 7,500.00).
For accommodation, the hostel fee is Php 6,000.00 (INR 9,000.00) per month, while the food expense is also Php 6,000.00 (INR 9,000.00) per month. It’s important to consider these costs in your overall budget.
In summary, the total amount to be paid for the MBBS program at Davao Medical School Foundation for Indian students is Php 178,500.00 (INR 2,68,500.00). This includes tuition fees, miscellaneous fees, medical insurance, hostel fees, and food expenses.
Global Ranking of Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines
1 Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF)
2 University of the Philippines Manila College of Medicine
3 Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health
4 University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
5 Cebu Institute of Medicine
6 Far Eastern University Institute of Medicine
7 Saint Louis University School of Medicine
8 University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
9 University of Perpetual Help System DALTA Jonelta Foundation School of Medicine
10 De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) in the Philippines has consistently been recognized as one of the top medical schools in the country. Its commitment to excellence in medical education and its contribution to healthcare services have earned it a prominent position in the global rankings.
At the top of the list, DMSF stands proudly as the leading institution for medical education in the Philippines. It boasts a comprehensive curriculum that combines rigorous academic training with practical clinical experience. The school’s emphasis on research and innovation has resulted in groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in medical science.
The University of the Philippines Manila College of Medicine secures the second spot in the ranking. With a rich history and a tradition of producing exceptional doctors, this institution has maintained its reputation for producing competent and compassionate healthcare professionals.
Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health follows closely, offering a holistic approach to medical education. Known for its emphasis on public health and social responsibility, Ateneo graduates are equipped not only with medical knowledge but also with a deep understanding of community health needs.
The University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery takes the fourth position, with a long-standing legacy of excellence. Its commitment to values-based education and its strong clinical training programs have produced highly skilled doctors who serve both locally and internationally.
Cebu Institute of Medicine secures the fifth spot on the list. Located in the Visayas region of the Philippines, this institution has a strong reputation for producing competent physicians who cater to the healthcare needs of the region.
Far Eastern University Institute of Medicine ranks sixth, offering a comprehensive curriculum that combines clinical expertise with research and community-based healthcare initiatives.
Saint Louis University School of Medicine in Baguio City occupies the seventh position. Known for its state-of-the-art facilities and experienced faculty, the institution produces doctors who are well-prepared to address the healthcare needs of diverse populations.
The institution’s focus on holistic development and patient-centered care is reflected in its curriculum and clinical training programs.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA Jonelta Foundation School of Medicine secures the ninth position. Recognized for its commitment to providing quality medical education, this institution produces doctors who are dedicated to serving marginalized communities.
Rounding off the top ten is the De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute. With a strong emphasis on research and a focus on patient-centered care, this institution equips its graduates with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the medical field.
The global ranking of Davao Medical School Foundation and the other top medical schools in the Philippines highlights the country’s commitment to producing highly competent healthcare professionals. These institutions continue to play a vital role in shaping the future of medicine and improving healthcare outcomes both locally and globally.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
1. Educational qualifications: Indian students applying for MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) in the Philippines must have completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board or council. They should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects and obtained a minimum aggregate score of 50% in these subjects.
2. Age criteria: The minimum age requirement for Indian students to study MBBS at DMSF is 17 years at the time of admission.
3. Entrance examination: Indian students must qualify for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in India. They need to obtain the minimum required percentile to be eligible for admission to DMSF.
4. English proficiency: Since the medium of instruction at DMSF is English, Indian students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language. They may need to provide proof of English language proficiency through tests like IELTS or TOEFL, or undergo an English language proficiency assessment conducted by the university.
5. Application process: Indian students can apply directly to DMSF through the university’s official website or through authorized representatives or agents in India. They need to submit the completed application form along with the required documents, including academic transcripts, NEET scorecard, proof of age, and English language proficiency certificate.
6. Visa requirements: Indian students planning to study MBBS at DMSF need to obtain a student visa for the Philippines. They should apply for a student visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the Philippines in India. The visa application process typically requires a valid passport, acceptance letter from DMSF, financial documents, and other supporting documents.
7. Financial considerations: Indian students must have sufficient funds to cover their tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses, and other miscellaneous expenses during their course of study at DMSF. They may be required to provide proof of financial stability, such as bank statements or sponsor letters, to fulfill the visa requirements and secure admission.
8. Health and medical requirements: Indian students need to undergo a medical examination and provide a medical certificate stating that they are physically and mentally fit to pursue the MBBS program. They may also need to provide proof of immunization or vaccination records as per the guidelines of the Philippines Department of Health.
9. Recognition and accreditation: DMSF is recognized and accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). This ensures that Indian students graduating from DMSF are eligible to appear for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) conducted by the MCI in India.
10. Residency and internship: After completing the MBBS program at DMSF, Indian students can apply for a Postgraduate Internship (PGI) in the Philippines. The PGI allows them to gain practical experience and fulfill the internship requirements as mandated by the Medical Council of India. Upon completion of the PGI, they can return to India and pursue further specialization or practice medicine.
11. Career prospects: Graduates from DMSF have opportunities to work as medical professionals not only in India but also in other countries. They can appear for various licensing examinations such as the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) in the United Kingdom, or pursue higher studies in medical disciplines.
12. Cultural adaptation: Indian students studying at DMSF will have the opportunity to experience a different culture and interact with students from various nationalities. They will need to adapt to the local customs, lifestyle, and educational environment. DMSF offers support services and guidance to help students adjust to their new surroundings.
13. Safety and security: Davao City, where DMSF is located, is known for its safety and security. The university campus provides a secure and conducive environment for students. However, it is always advisable for Indian students to stay vigilant and follow safety guidelines issued by the university and local authorities.
14. Scholarships and financial aid: DMSF offers scholarships and financial assistance programs to international students, including Indian students, based on merit or need. Indian students can inquire about the available scholarships and eligibility criteria during the application process.
15. Alumni network: DMSF has a strong network of alumni, including Indian graduates, who can provide guidance and support to current students. The alumni network can also be beneficial for career opportunities and professional networking in the medical field.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
1. Research and Information Gathering:
• Indian students interested in pursuing MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) in the Philippines should begin by conducting thorough research about the institution.
• Gather information about the admission requirements, curriculum, facilities, faculty, and other relevant details.
• Understand the eligibility criteria and ensure that you meet the necessary qualifications.
2. Application Process:
• Obtain the application form from the official website of DMSF or through authorized agents in India.
• Fill out the application form accurately and attach all the required documents.
• The documents typically include a completed application form, educational transcripts, passport copy, photographs, and a copy of the NEET scorecard.
• Pay the application fee as specified by the institution.
3. Submission of Documents:
• Once the application form and supporting documents are prepared, submit them to the admission office of DMSF.
• Ensure that all documents are properly attested and translated into English if necessary.
• Keep track of the submission deadlines to avoid any delays or missed opportunities.
4. Entrance Examination:
• DMSF may require Indian students to take an entrance examination as part of the admission process.
• The examination may assess knowledge in subjects like Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
• Prepare thoroughly for the exam by studying the relevant topics and practicing sample questions.
• Clearing the entrance examination is an important step towards securing admission.
• Shortlisted candidates can be called for an interview, either in person or via video conferencing.
• Prepare for the interview by researching about DMSF, understanding the medical profession, and being able to articulate your motivations for pursuing medicine.
• Dress professionally and be confident during the interview.
• Answer questions with clarity and honesty to leave a positive impression on the interview panel.
6. Admission Offer:
• After the completion of the selection process, successful candidates will receive an admission offer from DMSF.
• Read the offer letter carefully and respond within the given timeframe to secure your admission.
7. Visa Application:
• Once the admission offer is accepted, Indian students need to apply for a student visa for the Philippines.
• Visit the official website of the Embassy of the Philippines in India to gather information about the visa application process.
• Prepare the necessary documents, including the admission offer letter, passport, photographs, financial statements, and other supporting documents as required.
• Submit the visa application and pay the required fees.
8. Pre-Departure Preparations:
• Once the student visa is approved, start making preparations for your departure to the Philippines.
• Arrange for accommodation, either through the university or privately, and plan your travel accordingly.
• Gather information about the climate, local customs, and any necessary vaccinations.
• Inform your bank and mobile service provider about your international travel plans.
9. Arrival and Enrollment:
• Upon arrival in the Philippines, complete the necessary immigration and customs formalities.
• Visit the DMSF campus to complete the enrollment process.
• Submit the required documents, pay the fees, and attend the orientation programs.
• Familiarize yourself with the campus facilities, academic calendar, and course requirements.
10. Commencement of MBBS Program:
• After completing the enrollment process, Indian students can begin their MBBS program at DMSF.
• Follow the curriculum, attend classes, and participate in practical sessions and clinical rotations.
• Maintain regular communication with the faculty, seek academic support when needed, and engage in extracurricular activities.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations of the university and make the most of your learning experience.
11. Ongoing Support and Progression:
• DMSF provides ongoing support to students throughout their MBBS program.
• Seek guidance from academic advisors, faculty members, and support staff for any academic or personal concerns.
• Maintain good academic standing and progress through the program by fulfilling the requirements and passing the exams.
• Explore opportunities for internships, research projects, and participation in medical conferences to enhance your knowledge and skills.
12. Graduation and Licensing:
• Upon successful completion of the MBBS program, DMSF will confer the degree.
• Apply for the appropriate licensing exams, such as the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) in India, to practice medicine in your home country.
• Fulfill the requirements of the licensing body and prepare for the exams to obtain your medical license.
Documents Required for MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
1. Valid Passport: Indian students planning to pursue MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) in the Philippines must have a valid passport. It is essential to ensure that the passport is valid for at least six months beyond the intended duration of stay.
2. High School Certificate: Applicants should submit their high school certificate or its equivalent, proving that they have successfully completed their secondary education. This document should be duly attested and translated into English, if required.
3. Transcripts: Students need to provide their high school transcripts, which include grades obtained in relevant subjects. These transcripts should be officially translated into English and authenticated by the respective education authorities.
4. Birth Certificate: A copy of the student’s birth certificate is required as proof of age and identity. This document should be issued by the appropriate government authority and translated into English if needed.
5. Medical Fitness Certificate: Aspiring MBBS students need to submit a medical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner. This certificate should verify that the student is in good health and physically fit to pursue medical studies.
6. Character Certificate: Applicants should obtain a character certificate from a recognized authority, such as a school or college principal, indicating that they possess good moral character and behavior.
7. Recommendation Letters: DMSF may require one or more recommendation letters from teachers, professors, or employers, which highlight the student’s academic abilities, work ethic, and character.
8. English Language Proficiency: Indian students should demonstrate proficiency in the English language, as the medium of instruction at DMSF is English. They may need to provide proof of English proficiency through standardized tests like IELTS or TOEFL. Alternatively, DMSF may conduct its own English proficiency test.
9. Passport-sized Photographs: Students are usually required to provide several passport-sized photographs as per the specifications provided by DMSF. These photographs must be recent and meet the specified guidelines.
10. Visa Application: Once admitted to DMSF, Indian students need to apply for a student visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the Philippines in India. This process typically involves submitting the required documents, completing the visa application form, and paying the necessary fees.
11. Financial Documents: Students must provide proof of sufficient financial resources to cover their tuition fees, living expenses, and other related costs for the duration of their studies. This can be in the form of bank statements, sponsorship letters, or scholarship certificates.
12. Affidavit of Support: DMSF may require an affidavit of support from a sponsor or guardian, affirming their willingness and ability to financially support the student during their MBBS program.
13. Consent of Parents or Guardians: If the student is below the age of 18, they need to provide a consent letter signed by their parents or legal guardians, allowing them to study abroad.
14. Travel and Health Insurance: It is advisable for students to obtain travel and health insurance coverage for the duration of their stay in the Philippines. Proof of insurance coverage may be required during the application process.
15. Admission Application Form: Finally, Indian students must complete the DMSF application form accurately and submit it along with all the aforementioned documents. It is crucial to review and double-check all the information provided before submitting the application.
BS Program (Pre – Medicine Program) Syllabus (1 Years) in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
BS Program (Pre-Medicine Program) Syllabus (1 Year) at Davao Medical School Foundation, Philippines for Indian Students
The following table presents the syllabus for the BS Program (Pre-Medicine Program) at Davao Medical School Foundation in the Philippines, designed specifically for Indian students. This one-year program is structured into four terms, each consisting of various courses aimed at providing a strong foundation in biological sciences and related subjects.
Calculus and Analytical Geometry
Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
Fundamentals of Genetics
Philosophy of Man
Education for Sustainable Development
Cell and Molecular Biology
Politics and Governance/Phil. Const
Rizal’s Life Works and Writings
Economics/Taxation and Agrarian Reforms
Histology and Micro-technique
Research in Bio. Sc. (Thesis writing)
The first term focuses on foundational courses such as Calculus and Analytical Geometry, Biochemistry, Plant Morpho-Anatomy, Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy, General Physiology, Parasitology, and Evolutionary Biology. These courses provide a basis in mathematics, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, and evolutionary studies.
In the second term, students delve deeper into subjects like Plant Physiology, Fundamentals of Genetics, Animal Physiology, Entomology, Freshwater Biology, General Microbiology, Philosophy of Man, and Developmental Biology. These courses explore topics such as plant functions, genetic principles, animal physiology, microbiology, and human development.
During the third term, students study Ecology, Education for Sustainable Development, Research Methodology, Systematic Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Comparative Religion, and Politics and Governance/Philippine Constitution. These courses cover areas such as ecological systems, sustainable development, research methodologies, biological classification, cellular processes, comparative religion, and politics.
In the final term, students learn about Rizal’s Life Works and Writings, Economics/Taxation and Agrarian Reforms, Human Genetics, Radiation Biology, Histology and Micro-technique, Research in Bio. Sc. (Thesis writing), and Immunology. These courses offer insights into Philippine history, economics, genetics, radiation biology, tissue studies, research writing, and immunological principles.
Syllabus of MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
Year Semester Course Credit Hours
First Year First Semester Anatomy I 6
Physiology I 6
Biochemistry I 3
Histology I 2
Medical Physics 2
Introduction to Medical Practice 2
Professional Development 1
First Year Second Semester Anatomy II 6
Physiology II 6
Biochemistry II 3
Histology II 2
Medical Psychology 2
Medical Research Methodology 2
Medical Informatics 1
Second Year First Semester Pathology I 5
Microbiology and Parasitology I 5
Pharmacology I 5
Immunology I 2
Medical Genetics 2
Medical Sociology 1
Second Year Second Semester Pathology II 5
Microbiology and Parasitology II 5
Pharmacology II 5
Immunology II 2
Medical Ethics 2
Third Year First Semester Internal Medicine I 7
Pediatrics I 4
Obstetrics and Gynecology I 4
Surgery I 7
Third Year Second Semester Internal Medicine II 7
Pediatrics II 4
Obstetrics and Gynecology II 4
Surgery II 7
Community Medicine 3
Fourth Year First Semester Internal Medicine III 7
Pediatrics III 4
Obstetrics and Gynecology III 4
Surgery III 7
Forensic Medicine 2
Fourth Year Second Semester Elective Courses 12
Fifth Year First Semester Clerkship 20
Fifth Year Second Semester Clerkship 20
Hostel and Accommodation Available in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
1. Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) in the Philippines provides hostel and accommodation facilities for Indian students pursuing medical education.
2. The hostel facilities offered by DMSF are designed to cater to the specific needs of Indian students, ensuring a comfortable and convenient living environment during their academic journey.
3. The hostels are equipped with modern amenities such as well-furnished rooms, study areas, recreational spaces, and round-the-clock security to ensure the safety and well-being of the students.
4. The rooms are spacious and furnished with beds, tables, chairs, and storage facilities, providing a conducive environment for studying and relaxing.
5. The hostels have separate sections for male and female students, with strict rules and regulations in place to maintain discipline and a harmonious atmosphere.
6. The accommodation fees at DMSF are reasonable and inclusive of utilities such as electricity, water, and Wi-Fi, reducing the financial burden on Indian students.
7. The hostels have a common kitchen area where students can prepare their meals. Additionally, there are canteens and restaurants within the campus offering a variety of Indian and international cuisines.
8. DMSF understands the cultural differences and dietary preferences of Indian students, and therefore, takes special care to provide Indian food options, ensuring a taste of home for the students.
9. The hostel management at DMSF organizes various cultural and social events to promote interaction among students from different countries, fostering a sense of community and friendship.
10. The hostels are located within the DMSF campus, providing easy access to the academic facilities, libraries, laboratories, and the hospital associated with the institution.
11. The campus is well-connected with transportation facilities, making it convenient for Indian students to explore the city of Davao and its surroundings.
12. Davao is a vibrant city known for its safe and friendly environment. Indian students can experience a multicultural and diverse society while studying at DMSF.
13. The DMSF administration provides 24/7 support and assistance to Indian students, addressing any concerns or issues they may have during their stay in the hostels.
14. The hostel facilities are regularly maintained and cleaned, ensuring hygiene and cleanliness for the well-being of the students.
15. DMSF has a strong commitment to academic excellence and provides a conducive environment for Indian students to focus on their studies and succeed in their medical education.
16. The institution follows a student-centric approach, with faculty members who are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields.
17. Indian students at DMSF have access to state-of-the-art laboratories, research facilities, and a well-stocked library, enabling them to enhance their knowledge and practical skills.
18. The medical curriculum at DMSF is recognized by international medical bodies and is designed to meet global standards, ensuring that Indian students are well-prepared for their future medical careers.
19. Davao Medical School Foundation offers Indian students a unique opportunity to experience a different culture, gain international exposure, and develop a global perspective, all while pursuing their medical education.
20. The hostel and accommodation facilities provided by DMSF contribute to the overall positive experience of Indian students, creating a supportive and nurturing environment for their personal and professional growth.
Cost of Living in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
Expense Category Estimated Cost (PHP) Estimated Cost (INR)
Accommodation 10,000-15,000 14,630-21,945
Food 5,000-8,000 7,315-11,704
Transportation 2,000-3,000 2,926-4,389
Books and Supplies 10,000-15,000 14,630-21,945
Health Insurance 10,000-15,000 14,630-21,945
Miscellaneous 5,000-8,000 7,315-11,704
The estimated cost range for accommodation in Davao Medical School Foundation for Indian students is between 10,000 and 15,000 PHP, which is equivalent to 14,630 to 21,945 INR. This includes the expenses for renting a place to stay, such as a dormitory or apartment.
For food expenses, Indian students can anticipate spending around 5,000 to 8,000 PHP (7,315 to 11,704 INR). This budget covers the cost of meals and groceries, including dining out or cooking at home.
Transportation costs in Davao for Indian students are estimated to be between 2,000 and 3,000 PHP (2,926 to 4,389 INR). This includes expenses for local transportation, such as commuting to and from the university, using public transportation, or renting a vehicle.
Books and supplies are an essential part of the educational journey. Indian students at Davao Medical School Foundation can expect to spend around 10,000 to 15,000 PHP (14,630 to 21,945 INR) on books, study materials, and other necessary supplies for their academic pursuits.
Health insurance is a crucial aspect of living and studying abroad. The estimated cost range for health insurance for Indian students at Davao Medical School Foundation is between 10,000 and 15,000 PHP (14,630 to 21,945 INR). This covers medical expenses and ensures access to healthcare services.
In addition to the aforementioned expenses, there are miscellaneous costs that Indian students should consider. These miscellaneous expenses, which can include personal expenses, entertainment, and other unforeseen costs, are estimated to range from 5,000 to 8,000 PHP (7,315 to 11,704 INR).
Why MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students?
1. High-Quality Education: The Philippines has a well-established education system with many medical universities recognized by international medical bodies like the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI). The medical schools in the Philippines offer high-quality education with a focus on practical training and clinical exposure.
2. English-Medium Instruction: One of the significant advantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines is that the medium of instruction is English. This makes it easier for Indian students to adapt and communicate effectively with professors, peers, and patients during their clinical rotations. English proficiency is an essential skill for medical professionals, and studying in an English-speaking country enhances language proficiency.
3. Affordable Tuition Fees: Compared to other countries offering medical education, the Philippines offers affordable tuition fees for MBBS programs. The cost of studying and living in the Philippines is relatively lower compared to countries like the USA, the UK, or Australia. This makes it an economical choice for Indian students who wish to pursue their dream of becoming doctors.
4. No Entrance Examinations: Unlike many Indian medical colleges, most medical universities in the Philippines do not require students to clear entrance examinations like NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). This eliminates the need for students to compete fiercely for limited seats, providing them with a more accessible route to medical education.
5. Similar Curriculum: The curriculum followed in the Philippines for MBBS is similar to that of Indian medical colleges. The medical syllabus is based on the US education system and is designed to provide a strong foundation in medical sciences. This similarity in curriculum helps Indian students in preparing for licensing exams like the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) conducted in India.
6. Hands-on Clinical Experience: Medical universities in the Philippines prioritize hands-on clinical experience for their students. This involves rotations in hospitals, where students get practical exposure to real medical cases, patient interactions, and surgical procedures. The clinical training helps students develop essential skills and gain practical knowledge, which is crucial for a successful medical career.
7. International Recognition: The Philippines is home to several medical universities that are recognized and listed in the WHO’s World Directory of Medical Schools. This recognition ensures that the MBBS degree obtained from a Philippine medical university is internationally recognized and accepted by medical licensing bodies across the globe, including the MCI.
8. Cultural Compatibility: The Philippines is known for its warm and welcoming culture, which makes it easier for Indian students to adapt to the new environment. The country has a sizable Indian community, providing a support system for students. Moreover, the Filipino culture shares similarities with Indian culture, making it comfortable for Indian students to adjust to their new surroundings.
9. Global Exposure: Studying MBBS in the Philippines offers Indian students a chance to interact with a diverse student population from various countries. This exposure to different cultures, perspectives, and healthcare systems broadens their understanding and prepares them to work in a global healthcare environment.
10. Career Opportunities: Completing an MBBS degree from a recognized medical university in the Philippines opens up a wide range of career opportunities for Indian students. They can choose to practice medicine in the Philippines, return to India to appear for licensing exams, pursue postgraduate medical education abroad, or even work in other countries that recognize their degree.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students
1. High-Quality Education: The Philippines is renowned for its excellent medical education system. The medical universities in the country are recognized by international medical bodies like the World Health Organization (WHO), Medical Council of India (MCI), and the United States Education Department. Indian students can be assured of receiving a high standard of education that meets global medical standards.
2. English-Medium Instruction: One of the significant advantages for Indian students studying MBBS in the Philippines is the medium of instruction. English is widely spoken and understood in the country, making it easier for Indian students to adapt to the curriculum and communicate effectively with professors and peers. This eliminates the need for learning an additional language, which can be a barrier in some other countries.
3. Affordable Tuition Fees: Compared to many other countries offering medical education, the Philippines provides MBBS programs at relatively affordable tuition fees. The cost of studying medicine in the Philippines is considerably lower compared to universities in India or other popular study destinations like the United States, the United Kingdom, or Australia. This affordability makes it an attractive option for Indian students with budget constraints.
4. Cost of Living: Along with affordable tuition fees, the cost of living in the Philippines is also relatively lower compared to many Western countries. Indian students can find reasonably priced accommodation, food, transportation, and other daily necessities. This helps in reducing the overall cost of studying MBBS in the Philippines, making it a cost-effective option for Indian students.
5. International Recognition and Licensing: The medical universities in the Philippines are recognized by various international medical boards, including the MCI in India. This means that Indian students who graduate from these universities are eligible to appear for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) in India, which is required for obtaining a license to practice medicine in India. The international recognition of the Philippines medical degrees opens up opportunities for Indian students to pursue their medical careers globally.
6. Clinical Exposure and Hands-on Experience: The Philippines provides ample opportunities for practical training and clinical exposure, which are vital for medical students. The medical universities have collaborations with various hospitals and healthcare institutions, allowing students to gain hands-on experience during their course.
7. Cultural Diversity and Global Exposure: Interacting with students from different countries and backgrounds helps broaden their horizons and develop a global perspective. This exposure to diverse cultures and viewpoints is valuable for aspiring medical professionals who will be working with patients from various backgrounds in the future.
8. Safe and Friendly Environment: The Philippines is known for its warm and welcoming nature. The country provides a safe and friendly environment for international students, including Indian students. The local population is friendly and supportive, making it easier for Indian students to adapt to the new environment and focus on their studies without major concerns for their safety.
9. Infrastructure and Facilities: The medical universities in the Philippines have modern infrastructure and state-of-the-art facilities to support medical education. They are equipped with well-equipped laboratories, libraries, research centers, and simulation facilities. This ensures that students have access to the necessary resources and technology to enhance their learning experience.
10. Global Opportunities for Residency and Employment: After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, Indian students have various opportunities for further studies, residency, and employment globally. The Philippines medical degree is recognized worldwide, enabling students to pursue postgraduate studies in countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, or other countries of their choice. They can also explore job opportunities in different parts of the world, depending on their career aspirations.
FAQ’s About MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
1. What is Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF)?
Davao Medical School Foundation is a prestigious medical institution located in Davao City, Philippines.
2. Is the MBBS degree from DMSF recognized in India?
• Yes, the MBBS degree awarded by Davao Medical School Foundation is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Graduates can practice medicine in India after passing the MCI Screening Test.
3. What is the duration of the MBBS program at DMSF?
• The MBBS program at DMSF has a duration of 5.5 years, including one year of internship. The curriculum is designed to provide students with comprehensive medical education and practical training.
4. Is the medium of instruction English?
• Yes, the medium of instruction at DMSF is English. All lectures, examinations, and teaching materials are in English, making it easier for international students, including Indian students, to understand and communicate.
5. What are the eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply to DMSF?
• Indian students must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. They must also qualify for the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) conducted by the MCI.
6. Are Indian students required to take an entrance exam for admission?
• No, Davao Medical School Foundation does not require Indian students to take any additional entrance exam. Admission is based on the NEET scores and academic qualifications.
7. Is there any age limit for Indian students to apply?
• There is no specific age limit for Indian students to apply to DMSF. However, they must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned earlier.
8. What is the cost of studying MBBS at DMSF?
• The tuition fees at Davao Medical School Foundation are affordable compared to Indian private medical colleges. The exact cost may vary, and it is recommended to check the official website or contact the university for the most up-to-date information.
9. Is there any scholarship available for Indian students?
• DMSF offers various scholarships and financial assistance programs for both local and international students. Indian students may be eligible for scholarships based on their academic performance and other criteria. It is advisable to inquire about available scholarships directly with the university.
10. Can Indian students do an internship in India after completing their MBBS at DMSF?
• Yes, after completing the MBBS program at DMSF, Indian students can apply for internships in India. They need to pass the MCI Screening Test (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination) to obtain provisional registration with the Medical Council of India.
11. How is the accommodation for Indian students at DMSF?
• DMSF provides on-campus accommodation facilities for its students. The hostels are well-maintained, comfortable, and safe. Indian students can opt for hostel accommodation or choose to rent apartments near the campus.
12. What is the climate like in Davao City?
• Davao City has a tropical climate with warm temperatures throughout the year. Students from India should find the climate similar to their home country.
13. How is the safety and security situation in Davao City?
• Davao City is considered relatively safe for students. The university takes necessary precautions to ensure the safety of its students. However, like any other city, it is always advisable to take general safety measures and be aware of one’s surroundings.
14. Can Indian students practice medicine in countries other than India after completing their MBBS at DMSF?
• Yes, Indian students who graduate from DMSF and obtain the required licenses and certifications can practice medicine in various countries globally. However, it is important to check the specific requirements and procedures of the desired country for medical practice.
15. Are Indian students provided with any support or guidance during their studies at DMSF?
• DMSF has a dedicated International Students Office that provides support and guidance to international students, including Indian students. They assist with admissions, visa processing, accommodation, and other student-related matters.
16. Are there any extracurricular activities for students at DMSF?
• DMSF encourages students to participate in extracurricular activities. The university has various student organizations, clubs, and sports facilities where students can engage in cultural, sports, and social activities, fostering a well-balanced campus life.
17. Can Indian students get Indian food in Davao City?
• Davao City has a diverse culinary scene, including restaurants and food outlets that cater to international students. Indian students can find restaurants serving Indian cuisine and also purchase Indian ingredients from local stores for cooking their own meals.
18. Is there a language barrier for Indian students in the Philippines?
• Since the medium of instruction at DMSF is English, Indian students are not likely to face significant language barriers. However, being in a foreign country, there might be some differences in accent or dialect, but overall communication should not be a major issue.
19. Can Indian students visit their families in India during vacations?
• Yes, Indian students studying at DMSF can visit their families in India during vacations. It is advisable to check the specific visa requirements and plan travel accordingly to ensure a smooth return to the Philippines.
20. Are there opportunities for Indian students to participate in medical research at DMSF?
• DMSF encourages research and provides opportunities for students to participate in medical research projects. Students can collaborate with faculty members and researchers on various research initiatives, enhancing their understanding and contributing to the medical field.
21. What is the procedure for obtaining a student visa for Indian students?
• Indian students applying to DMSF need to obtain a student visa from the Embassy or Consulate of the Philippines in India. The specific visa requirements and procedures may vary, and it is advisable to consult the embassy or consulate for the most accurate information.
22. Can Indian students work part-time while studying at DMSF?
• The Philippine government allows international students to work part-time on campus during their studies. Indian students can explore part-time job opportunities within the university, subject to certain restrictions and regulations.
23. Does DMSF provide clinical training opportunities?
• Yes, DMSF provides extensive clinical training opportunities to students. The university has tie-ups with various hospitals and medical institutions where students can gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced medical professionals.
24. How are the living expenses for Indian students in Davao City?
• The cost of living in Davao City is relatively affordable compared to major cities in India. Accommodation, transportation, and daily expenses are reasonably priced, making it feasible for Indian students to manage their living expenses comfortably.